- “Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America”
- Problems with the Founders… and Cambridge Police
- Financial Crisis Role: Opposing financial market regulations as Senator… Then claiming an economic crisis mandate as President
- Financial Crisis Role: Special relationship with Fannie Mae
- Attacks on Free Speech – email@example.com
- Attacks on Free Speech – Mocking the Tea Party movement
- Attacks on Free Speech – Assaulting Free Press
- Attacking the Supreme Court
- Siding with ACORN over American Values
- Siding with Moscow over US Allies
- Siding with Hugo Chavez over US allies and the US military
- Siding with Muslim Extremists over Israel
- “Isolated Extremist”
- Treating Israel like a second-class citizen
- Bowing FOR, but not TO the United States
- Radical Advisers
- Vanishing Stimulus
- Political Indoctrinations with Taxpayer Funds – The Arts; Education
- 1/6 of US economy taken behind closed doors
- Corrupt Deals
- Authoritarian Arrogance
- Deem, Pass and Reconciliation
colored text: links to supporting evidence (docs/vids)
1. “Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America”
- “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” – Barack Obama, October 2008
According to publicly available White House records, the person to visit Mr. Obama most frequently has been Andy Stern, head of the SIEU (Service Employees Union International):
- “This is our moment, SEIU…This is our time…Together, we are gunna change the country and we are gunna change the world.” – Barack Obama, June 4, 2008
- “Workers of the world, unite. It’s not just a slogan anymore, it’s the way we have to do our work.” – SEIU chairman Andy Stern, June 15, 2007.
- “Workers of the world, unite” – rallying cry eminating from the Communist Manifesto, Karl Marx and Fredrick Engels
- “Working Men of All Countries, Unite!” – The final sentence of the Communist Manafesto
- “Workers of all lands, unite!” – Karl Marx’ epitaph
- ”I’m tired of playing defense…Andy Stern is tired of playing defense. We want to play some offense…It’s our time!” – Barack Obama in a 2007 speech to SEIU
- “SEIU, I am glad you are with me. Let’s together change the country” – Barack Obama, January 15, 2008
- “My individual salvation is not gunna come about without a collective salvation for the country. Unfortunately, that we make sacrifices, and this country has not always been willing to make the sacrifices new day and a new age.” – Barack Obama, 1995
2. Problems with the Founders… and the Cambridge Police
- “I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blindspot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot.” – Barack Obama, during a September 6, 2001 Chicago radio interview.
He appeared in this interview with Professor Richard John, a University of Illinois history professor. Mr. John had just stated, “I think it’s easy to be hard on the Founders, and to be very hard on our governing institutions,” while Mr. Obama sat silent. The host then asked Mr. Obama what he thought, and he responded with the above quote, while adding that the Founders viewed slaves “in the same way that these days we might think of environmental issues, or some other problem where you have to balance cost-benefits, as opposed to seeing it as a moral problem involving persons of moral worth.”
Apparently Mr. Obama has never truly read Jefferson, “I can say with conscious truth that there is not a man on earth who would sacrifice more than I would, to relieve us from this heavy reproach [slavery], in any practicable way. The cession of that kind of property, for so it is misnamed, is a bagatelle [possession] which would not cost me in a second thought, if, in that way, a general emancipation and expatriation could be effected” – or Washington, “I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of [slavery]; but there is only one proper and effectual mode by which it can be accomplished, and that is by Legislative authority . . .” or…
The Founders DID, in fact, establish a system by which to abolish slavery, which is exactly what led to the Civil War.
One must wonder, therefore, if Mr. Obama ever truly understood, or even bothered to study the Founders… and if not, how he could promise to preserve, defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Although Obama’s understanding of the Founders appears sorely lacking, he does fancy himself as knowing selected facts:
- In Cairo, Egypt, June 4, 2009, he told a crowd, “when the first Muslim-American was recently elected to Congress, he took the oath to defend our Constitution using the same Holy Quran that one of our Founding Fathers – Thomas Jefferson – kept in his personal library.” Selective radicalism.
The American people clearly saw that Mr. Obama takes his viewpoint of a “blind spot in this culture” when he rushed to state, without facts, “that the Cambridge Police acted stupidly”
3. Financial Crisis Role: Opposing financial regulations as Senator… Then claiming an economic crisis mandate
- “I don’t mind cleaning up the mess that some other folks made, that’s what I signed up to do.” – Barack Obama
When he joined the United States Senate in January 2005, there was a strong financial market regulation bill under deliberation that would have prevented, or at least significantly reduced the impact of the housing bubble pop. Mr. Obama opposed the regulation, joined a Senate-rules filibuster that killed it, and exerted absolutely no efforts to find bipartisan compromise.
As President, four years later, Mr. Obama consistently cites the lack of financial market regulation as being the primary cause of the economic crisis, and as being someone else’s fault. He consistently uses the financial crisis to infer Americans should doubt the effectiveness of their financial system and to justify his enormous spending…again, claiming that the spending is not his fault.
- Bill Clinton summed up the role of fierce Democrat opposition to GSE regulation in a moment of candor on Good Morning America (relevant section at -2:25 on the video), in September 2008, “I think that the responsibility that the Democrats had may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress, or by me when I was President, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”
- Democrat congressman Artur Davis, a long-time member of the House Banking Committee that oversees much of the housing market, echoed President Clinton’s sentiments “Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.”
The regulation Senator Obama opposed would have provided significantly stronger oversight to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, government-sponsored organizations designed to provide funding to the mortgage market. These institutions essentially set the lending standards for the entire mortgage market. The Republican-sponsored bill had passed through the full House and through Senate committee. It would have tightened oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while Democrats fought to protect Fannie and Freddie from more oversight, preferring to as Barney Frank (D-MA) stated, “load the dice a little bit more…towards subsidized housing,” and protect a a mortgage lending process that, and Maxine Waters (D-CA) stated “has seen innovation flourish, from desktop underwriting (no formal analysis) to 100% loans (no collateral).” At the time, Republicans had 55 votes, versus the 60 needed to overcome the Democrat filibuster threat. Barack Obama could have been number 56.
4. Financial Crisis Role: Special relationship with Fannie Mae
Despite having been in the Senate less than four years, Mr. Obama was the politician to have received the most campaign contributions from Fannie Mae executives…of any in history. He was also the Senator who received the second highest total from Fannie as a company during the entire 1995-2008 period…this, again, despite having been in the Senate less than four of those years. Numbers’ one (Chris Dodd) and three (John Kerry) were both Senators the entire time. Fannie Mae is now in government receivership, owned and fully funded by the taxpayers. Despite loud efforts to restrict the salaries of private-company executive pay, Mr. Obama’s pay czar approved a package that gave Fannie’s CEO up to $6 million in 2009. The official approval went through in the dead of night on Christmas eve, when few were noticing. In justifying his support, the Obama pay czar stated Fannie’s CEO had a particularly stressful job — really? he made roughly ten-times more than the United States President. Fannie lost $15.2B in the Christmas quarter alone.
5. Attacks on Free Speech – Americans Policing Americans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Director for the Obama Administration’s health care effort, Linda Douglas, posted a video on the White House web site, defining her role, “One of my jobs is to keep track of all that disinformation out there”
- On August 4, 2009, The Obama Administration established a citizen-on-citizen surveillance and reporting structure, stating, “ There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from government control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to (e-mail) email@example.com”
According to federal law, any e-mails send to the White House cannot be deleted for several years. Therefore, the name of whomever authored the mails would be kept on file at the White House, and would eventually become publicly available, having a chilling effect on free speech. Here is the Obama Administration’s Deputy Press Secretary (at the time) explaining the action. Amazingly, the Obama press secretary actually felt fit to state, “we are for free speech”
6. Attacks on Free Speech – Mocking the Tea Party movement
On April 29, 2009 – in a speech commemorating his 100th day in office — Barack Obama chose to mock Americans who attend Tea Party rallies, teasingly stating to the audience that if you watch Fox News, one sees people “waving tea bags around.” The direct insinuation was that other news networks generally do not cover the Tea Party events, and that he highly disagreed with Americans having their voice heard by such coverage. Also…he has no concept of those Americans’ concerns.
Just a few days earlier, on April 15, tens/hundreds of thousands of Americans traveled to Washington to have their voices heard. ABC news reported Mr. Obama’s regard for the rallies thusly, “The White House says the President is unaware of the tea parties and will hold his own event today.”
Left-leaning major journalists and dozens of Obama supporters publicly refer to Americans who attend tea party events with a highly pornographic term. The Obama Administration says nothing about this.
In January 2010, Obama’s allies at the SEIU launched a campaign designed against the tea party movement, beginning the effort by attempting to disrupt a Republican primary election. On their web site — TheTeaPartyisOver.org — the SEIU targeted a Republican candidate the tea party movement supported, they stated, “This movement is a fad. Some of their ideas include the belief that programs like Social Security and Medicare are socialistic and should never have been created in the first place and that President Obama is a Socialist… So our strategy is to spread the truth about their dangerous ideas and prevent their policies from taking root in America.” Much of this phraseology should sound very familiar from the Obama Administration and Mr. Obama himself.
7. Attacks on Free Speech – Assaulting free press
- In the second half of 2009, the Obama Administrated escalated its war against Fox News from cold to hot. Obama Senior Adviser, David Axelrod, “Our concern is other media not follow their lead.”
- Anita Dunn, Obama Administration Communications Director, “I’ve differentiated between Major Garrett, who we view as a very good correspondent, and his network. Major came to talk to me when we didn’t include Chris (Wallace) in the round of Sunday shows, and I told Major quite honestly that we had told Chris Wallace that having fact checked an Administration guest on his show… we asked Chris for an example of when he had done that to anybody besides somebody in the Administration in the year 2009, and we’re still waiting to hear from him.” – Anita Dunn. Notice, the Obama Administration was not livid that the fact check contained improper information, or anything like that. Rather, the Administration was vindictive over the fact that one of its representatives was fact checked at all? What’s to hide?
- “It’s not ideological…What’s fair to say about Fox, and certainly the way we view it, is that it is more a wing of the Republican party.” – Anita Dunn
- Barack Obama, “ if media is operating basically as a talk radio format, then that’s one thing, and if it’s operating as a news outlet, then that’s another.”
On October 22, 2009, the Obama Administration attempted to exclude reporters, from a news outlet that did not cover stories in a way the White House approved, from Administration-sponsored interviews. Reporters from all networks pulled together and protested – the Administration relented. President Obama’s Administration has never objected to the perceived balance of media outlets it views as being supportive, such as MSNBC.
President Obama never rebuked or stopped his Administration during their war on the media.
8. Attacking the Supreme Court — “very troubling”
A President using the State of the Union speech attack another branch of government on a global stage is unprecedented in modern times, spurring one justice to shake his head in disbelief. The President criticized another branch of government in full public and global view; in that format, the criticism has the aura of putting to question the strength, stability, and moral correctness of the Founders’ governmental framework.
The President’s main stated objection was that the decision might enable corporations use funds from non-US sources in U.S. elections. In shaking his head “no” and clearly stating “not true” as the President unleashed the assault, the Justices themselves flatly disagree. President Obama has raised no objection over far-left U.S. organizations funded by Socialist Hungarian financier, George Soros, that overtly support Mr. Obama’s agenda. These organizations assist organized labor, mobilize get out the vote campaigns and provide funding for U.S. elections, and overtly influence the curriculum of U.S. schools.
The day after Obama’s attack, Democrat Patrick Leahy, stated on the Senate floor that the decision “creates new rights for Wall Street at the expense of Main Street” and called it “the most partisan decision since Bush versus Gore.” (of course, not partisan had it gone the other way…) Within a week of the decision, President Obama retreated from his public and repeated push to have financial service executives reduce their pay.
In explaining the rationale behind the Court’s decision, Justice Kennedy wrote, “Speech is an essential mechanism of democracy, for it is the means to hold officials accountable to the people…Political speech must prevail against laws that would suppress it, whether by design or inadvertently.” That is the decision Mr. Obama attacked with such conviction in an unorthodox way.
The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court commented on the event thusly, “The image of having the members of one branch of government standing up, literally surrounding the Supreme Court, cheering and hollering while the court — according to the requirements of protocol — has to sit there expressionless, I think is very troubling.” He described Obama’s use of the State of the Union as a “political pep rally.” Seminal events used as political pep rallies to advance agendas and attack democratic institutions is Soviet. The State of the Union address is a report by the Executive branch to the Legislative branch…the branch that has closest democratic representation of the people. Obama uses it as the former.
9. Siding with ACORN over American Values
- “You got a friend in me. I definitely welcome ACORN’s input. You don’t have to ask me about that, I’m gonna call you (ACORN) even if you didn’t ask me“ – Barack Obama to an auditorium of ACORN leaders
- “I’ve been fighting with (for) ACORN, on issues you (ACORN) care about, my entire career.” – Barack Obama
- When ACORN assisted in the establishment of underage sex slavery houses, President Obama stated, on ABC’s Good Morning America, “frankly, it’s not something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money….It’s not something I’m paying a lot of attention to.” His administration made no official statements on the situation, taking no position on the morality of a federally funded organization helping establish sex slavery houses.
Turns out that Barack Obama is just about a tight with ACORN as he is with SEIU. ACORN’s CEO was the second most frequent White House visitor. According to White House records, ACORN has such tight Obama Administration access, that its CEO was able to make an appointment on September 2, 2009, to meet with Mr. Obama on September 5, just a week before the videos became public.
- In 2003, the head of ACORN Chicago described Obama’s working with ACORN in a law suite against the Republican Illinois governor and in ACORN affiliate, Project VOTE, and, “Since then, we have invited Obama to our leadership training sessions to run the session on power every year, and, as a result, many of our newly developing leaders got to know him before be ever ran for office. Thus, it was natural for many of us to be active volunteers in his first campaign for State Senate and then his failed bid for U.S. Congress in 1996. By the time he ran for U.S. Senate, we (Obama/ACORN) were old friends.”
President Obama’s Director of the Office of Political Affairs, Patrick Gaspard, who also served as the National Political Director for the Barack Obama Presidential Campaign, was Executive Vice President of ACORN affiliate, Service Employees International Union (“SEIU”).
10. Siding with Moscow over US Allies
- Lech Walesa in a comment about the USA late in 2009, “They don’t lead morally and politically anymore…There was the hope, whenever something was going wrong, one could count on the United States. Today, we lost that hope.”
- On September 17, 2009, Barack Obama went back on President Bush’s promise to deploy missile defense systems in Poland and the Czech Republic. The leaders of both countries had gone way out on a limb based upon the US commitment. President Obama not only embarrassed US allies within these countries by reneging on the promise, he did it in a spiteful way. He waited several hundred days into his Presidency to announce the decision, then choose to do so on a black date in Polish history, related to its Russian relationship.
- September 17 is the date the Soviets joined the Nazis invading Poland, opening a two-front war for Polish soldiers that resulted in a swift and merciless destruction of the nation’s freedoms.
11. Siding with Hugo Chavez over US allies and the US military
Chavez over the People of Honduras
- In June 2009, Honduras’ Supreme Court found unconstitutional President Manuel Zalaya’s attempt to remain in power after his constitutionally allowed term. In June 2009, the legislature called on the military to remove him from power after he continued to violate the court’s ruling. The legislature then replaced Mr. Zelaya with an interim coalition government that oversaw his office until the constitutionally-mandated November elections…a four-month period
- Hugo Chavez and other Marxist regimes immediately called the event a “military coup.” Mr. Zelaya wanted to “modernize” the nation’s constitution by holding a “referendum” on it that would be operated by his thugs and political machine. Honduras is widely regarded as one of Central America’s premier democracies.
- The Obama Administration sided with Hugo Chavez. President Obama publicly berated the Supreme Court’s decision, and refused to recognize the interim Honduran government. The Administration also publicly and strongly pressured individuals within the interim government to move aside and allow Mr. Zelaya to resume his post. It was even instrumental in secreting Mr. Zelaya back into Honduras, against the Honduran government’s wishes, so he could more easily negotiate a way back into power.
- The Honduran people made their voices heard at the November election in a resounding way… Mr. Zelaya and his attempt to change the nation’s constitution went down to a wide-margin defeat. Barack Obama sided with Marxist thugs over the democratic will of a nation’s people and the democratic institutions by which they govern themselves.
Chavez over the U.K.
- Hugo Chavez has recently been an ardent proponent of the U.K. giving the Falklands to Argentina…or having Argentina take the islands by force. After this pressure, Secretary of State Clinton decided to officially support Argentina’s attempt to have the dispute arbitrated by the United Nations; senior Administration officials have begun referring to the islands as the Malvinas (Argentina’s name for them).
Ordering U.S. military to lower the flag
- Very soon after the Haiti earthquake, Hugo Chavez has complained the U.S. is occupying the country by using military personnel for humanitarian efforts. Obama Administration has ordered the U.S. military to remove the American flag from all Haitian operations. Every other country running humanitarian operations in Haiti is displaying their own flag.
12. “Isolated Extremist”
On Christmas Day, 2009 an al-Queda-linked terrorist attempted to blow up an US airliner. Here is how President Obama described the event in his first public statement four days later,
- “A passenger allegedly tried to ignite and explosive…the suspect was immediately subdued…the suspect is now in custody and has been charged…had the suspect succeeded, it could have killed nearly 300 passengers and crew…This incident, like several that have proceeded it, demonstrates that an alert and courageous citizenry are far more resilient than an isolated extremist.“
This “isolated extremist” freely admitted he was part of al-Queda and was operating on the group’s orders. He also gave intelligence information to authorities until representatives of the Obama Administration read him US-citizen Miranda rules and gave him a lawyer. Barack Obama made his statement four days after this event, in full knowledge of these facts.
Just one month before, an al-Queda-linked terrorist killed 13 US military personnel at Fort Hood, and wounded 30 others. Mr. Obama made a statement on the event later that day, at a regularly scheduled political event. It went thusly:
1) He first recognized people in the room with him including “a shout out” to one person
2) He finally mentioned the Fort Hood tragedy 2:04 into the statement
3) He then segued to Fort Hood by mentioning his intentions to discuss links between the political constituency in the audience and his Administration, but “as some of you may have heard…”
The next day, Mr. Obama briefly mentioned Fort Hood, then went on to spend much more time describing a stimulus spending bill he signed that day. OK…then, the following day… the Obama Administration had Mr. Obama tape a video for the White House web site, in which he finally made a statement that did not yield the focus to other agenda items. He began his statement thusly:
1) “This past Thursday…An Army psychiatrist walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing center and began shooting his fellow soldiers.”
2) He quickly proceeded to call the event, “a crime”
3) He then stated “we cannot fully know what leads a man to do such a thing” – uhhhh…terrorism? Wonder if FDR ever publicly questioned what caused Japanese soldiers to kills Americans during WWII?
13. Treating Israel Like a Second-Class Citizen
The Obama Administration is heavily pressuring Israel to give in to Muslim extremists. The extremists strongly want Israel to roll back any settlements in areas that they had used as launching bases to attack the people of Israel. When Vice President Biden visited Israel to pound home the message in March 2010, the Obama Administration chastised Israel for continuing the settlements. Obama’s political adviser, David Axelrod, actually said of Israel — a sovereign nation — “This was not the way to behave.”
15. Bowing FOR, but not TO, the United States
To an extent far beyond that of any U.S. President in history, Barack Obama bows FOR…but not TO…America and what America embodies.
President Obama consistently apologizes for the U.S. when he makes foreign trips. In his first 100 days alone, he stated:
- “there have been times where America’s shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive” toward Europe. — a town hall meeting in France
- “The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods…our country still struggles with the legacy of our past treatment of Native Americans.” — in a speech to the Turkish Parliament
- “Robust minority rights let societies benefit from the full measure of contributions from all citizens. I say this as the President of a country that not too long ago made it hard for someone who looks like me to vote.” — in a speech to the Turkish Parliament
- “Every challenge that we face is more easily met if we tend to our own democratic foundation. This work is never over. That is why, in the United States, we recently ordered the prison at Guantanamo Bay closed, and prohibited — without exception or equivocation — any use of torture.”
- America “has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive” toward Europe.
- America has “a moral responsibility to act” on arms control because only the U.S. had “used a nuclear weapon.”
- The U.S. has not “pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors”
- “I’m grateful that President [Daniel] Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old” — so there was gravity to what the Marxist Ortega said?
16. Radical Advisors
During the Presidential debate, the point arose that Americans knew very litle about Mr. Obama. He responded by asking the American people to “judge me by the people with whom I surround myself.” OK, let’s do that:
- Cass Sunstein – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Mark Lloyd- – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Van Jones – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Kevin Jennings – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Ron Bloom – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- John Holdren – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Carol Browner — documented Socialist ties/leanings
- Anita Dunn– – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Rahm Emanuel
- Valerie Jarrett – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
- Marxist professors – – documented Marxist ties/leanings
Cass Sunstein “Director of Regulatory Affairs and Information” – Mission: To have government in every aspect of people’s lives that affect their choices…to guide their choices:
- “The false assumption is that almost all people, almost all of the time, make choices that are in their best interest (the underpinning of capitalism) or at the very least are better than the choices that would be made [for them] by someone else,” – from Sunstein’s book, “Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness”
- “Under our proposal, the word marriage would no longer appear in any laws, and marriage licenses would no longer be offered or recognized by any level of government” – from Sunstein’s book, “Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness” — note, Karl Marx preached the same thing in Das Kapital, that the concept of family should be abolished to open people’s minds to government’s flow of information that they would not normally have exposed themselves to.
- “One promising tactic is cognitive infiltration…How might this tactic work?…views can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of cognitive diversity (remember communications “diversity” czar, Mark Lloyd). We suggest a role for government efforts, and agents, in introducing such diversity. Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories (Sunstein defines “conspiracy theory” as any belief which he deems untrue) by raising doubts about their factual premises…government officials would participate anonymously or even with false identities” – from p. 22-23 of Sunstein’s “Conspirational Theories” – full article can presently be accessed here http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1084585
- “consider the false conspiracy theory, held by many of the younger members of our society, that a secret group of elves, working in a remote location under the leadership of the mysterious “Santa Claus,” make and distribute presents on Christmas Eve. This theory is false, but is itself instilled through a widespread conspiracy of the powerful – parents – who conceal their role in the whole affair.” – Sunstein’s “Conspirational Theories” p. 5
- “But if I am right, there is all the reason in the world to reject the view that free markets, as embodied in the notion of “consumer sovereignty,” are the appropriate foundation for communications policy. The imagined world of innumerable, diverse editions of the “Daily Me” (the digital world of Twitter/Facebook, etc.) is the furthest thing from a Utopian dream, and it would create serious problems from the democratic point of view.” – from Sunstein’s book, Republic.com
- “an exclusive focus on government censorship produces serious blind spots (recall, Obama’s use of the term “blind spot” in relation to the Framers…Obama and Sunstein are personal friends, and colleagues from the University of Chicago). In particular, a well-functioning system of free expression must meet two distinctive requirements: First, people should be exposed to materials that they would not have chosen…Second, many or most citizens should have a range of common experiences.” – from Sunstein’s book, Republic.com
- “Other things being equal, a program that protects young people seems far better than one that protects old people, because it delivers greater benefits. For this reason, it is sensible to think that government should consider not simply the number of lives at stake; it should concern itself also or instead with the number of life-years at stake” — p. 102 of his paper, “Lives, Life-Years, and Willingness to Pay” (if gibberish comes up from this link, place the cursor in the Web address bar and press enter, it will refresh and the paper will appear)
- On the Second Amendment: “it is striking and noteworthy that well over two centuries since the founding, the Supreme Court has never suggested that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to have guns; not once.”
- “By a Nudge, we (Sunstein and co-author Richard Thaler) mean anything that influences our choices.” – from Sunstein’s book, “Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness”
The bottom line of Sunstein’s view of the Internet is this: availability of more diverse information to people is dangerous, because it limits the government’s ability to control information flow in ways the government thinks is beneficial to society. BTW, the book throws around the terms “democracy” and “democratic” like the Communist dictatorships of the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea and The People’s Republic of China.
Mark Lloyd – “Media Diversity Officer” – Government-mandated media “diversity”
Just a few representative quotes:
- “In Venezuela, with (Marxist Hugo) Chavez; really and incredible revolution…the property owners and the folks who were then controlling the media in Venezuela rebelled; (property owners) worked frankly with folks here in the U.S. government; (they) worked to oust him and (Chavez) came back and had another revolution. And Chavez then started to take the media very seriously in this country.”
- “I think really pretty obvious complaints of black Americans, in rooms full of whites. We have really truly good white people in important positions. And the fact of the matter is, there are a limited number of those positions. And unless we are conscious of the need to have more people of color, gays, other people in those positions, we will not change the problem. We’re in a position where you have to say, Who is going to step down, so someone else can have power.”
- “All media in this country, particularly broadcast media, was established at a time when all non-white Americans…had very few protected legal rights in this country...if we don’t understand how important media is, we can not solve any other problem that this society faces. And that means changing policies so that we can get more views on the air, so that not one is able to dominate the discussion in the United States…it really takes changing the fundamental rules.” — remember, Barack Obama believes, “I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blindspot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot.”
- “In looking at the five largest operators, what we found is a 9-to-1…advantage of conservative talk show hosts…versus folks who declared themselves Liberal or Progressive… an advantage of 2,5000 hours of conservative talk as opposed to 250 hours of liberal or progressive talk. This is an extraordinary imbalance.” – It’s really all about politics and ideology
Mr. Lloyd has no mind for the fact that, in a free market, people have the choice to spend their time how they want…and listen to whom they want…or else the broadcaster could not support the activity. THAT is what causes the imbalance of ideas over the radiowaves — A free people chooses not to listen to Liberal/Progressive “central control” talk. THAT is what Mark Lloyd’s “media diversity” is all about. Political ideology and government planning.
So much has already been widely discussed about him, that we will just include three representative example:
- “How’s that capitalism working for you?” – response to a student who asked that some of his statements and writings appear Marxist.
- “I met all these young radical people of color — I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, This is what I need to be a part of…I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.“
- “I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a Communist…We also saw our brand of Marxism as, in some ways, a reclamation.”
Kevin Jennings – “Director of the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools”
- Stated at a conference, “one of the people that always inspired me is Harry Hay.”…leader in the Communist Party USA, staunch proponent of the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) and founder of the atheist gay group Radical Faeries. When Mr. Hay passed away, NAMBLA – which exists to promote adult male sex with underage boys — featured him on its magazine cover.
- When he was a teacher, a 15- or 16-year old boy told him that he was having sex with an adult man. Mr. Jennings did not report the abuse to authorities or the child’s parents. He has recently blamed his lack of awareness that reporting the incident was the right thing to do. His supporters also make a big point that the boy may have been 16 instead of 15. Jennings had stated the boy was 15 when they spoke.
- Wrote the forward for the book, “Queering Elementary Education,” stating, “it is a book for all teachers and parents, indeed for anyone concerned with the healthy development of children and schools.” Another endorser inside the book….’60s radical Bill Ayers.
- The U.S. Department of Education touts Mr. Jennings thusly, “In 1990, Jennings founded the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), a local volunteer group in the Boston area bringing together lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual (LGBT) and straight teachers, parents, students, and community members who wanted to end anti-LGBT bias in the state’s K-12 schools. In 1992, he was appointed by Gov. William Weld (Mass.) to co-chair the Education Committee of the Governor’s Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth. He was the principal author of its report, Making Schools Safer for Gay and Lesbian Youth: Breaking the Silence in Schools and in Families…GLSEN made safe schools into a national issue…Under Jennings’ leadership, GLSEN programs like GSAs, No Name-Calling Week, and Day of Silence became commonplace in America’s schools.”
Mr. Jennings has written six books, all about youth homosexuality. We do not intend the revelation of Mr. Jenning’s ideology to be a point in itself. Just that it begs the question, what qualifications does Mr. Jennings have to oversee non-gay children? And, is he a justified person to put in charge of those children?
- “We know that the free market is nonsense…kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun”
- “In today’s world the blather about free trade, free-markets and the joys of competition is nothing but pablum for the suckers.”
- “It would even be possible to require pregnant single women to marry or have abortions” Holdren’s book, Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment, p. 786
- “compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution “ – Holdren’s book, Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment, p. 837
Anita Dunn – Obama Administration Communications Director
- “And then the third lesson and tip actually come from two of my favorite political philosophers, Mao Tse-Tung and Mother Teresa — not often coupled with each together, but the two people that I turn to most“ – video
- “A huge part of our press strategy was focussed on making the media cover what Obama was actuaklly saying as opposed to why the campaign was saying it…very rarely did we communicate through the press anything we didn’t absolutely control” – video
- “When you think about the First Amendment, you think it’s highly overrated.” video
- Rahm Emanuel was on Freddie Mac’s board of directors during the height of the financial crisis, during a time Freddie’s was committing massive accounting fraud. According to the Chicago Tribune, “On Emanuel’s watch, the board was told by executives of a plan to use accounting tricks to mislead shareholders about outsize profits the government-chartered firm was then reaping from risky investments.” Although Freddie is now in taxpayer-funded receivership — the American people own it — the Obama Administration has refused requests to release minutes of those meetings under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Jarrett’s father-in-law, Vernon Jarrett, worked in the Communist Party-linked, Citizen’s Committee to Aid Packing House Workers. Many of its leaders were tied to the Communist Party. Vernon was also a major player in the pro-Communist Chicago Defender newspaper.
Carol Browner – Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change
- Browner was one of the 14-member Commission for a Sustainable World Society (CSWS); a formal organ of the Socialist International. After President Obama chose her, the commission had her bio and picture removed from its Web site, as if she never existed there (this link shows the original site). The Commission’s official Statement of Principles begins thusly: 1. The idea of Socialism has caught the imagination of people across the world…and quickly follows up with 2. The fundamental issue we now face is not whether there will be change in future years, but rather who is going to control it and how. The socialist answer is unequivocal…Political democracy, for socialists, is the necessary framework and precondition for other rights and liberties.
- On Sept. 5-6, 2008, while Ms. Browner was par of the 14-person commission, the group stated the costs of its proposals would “range in the hundreds of billions of dollars over the next two decades“
- The group also calls for the “redesign of the international rules on intellectual property (patents)” to mandate transfer from the inventor to developing nations’ governments.
- In his autobiography, Mr. Obama states, “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout (to what he had previously termed, white culture), I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.”
17. Vanishing Stimulus
- In lobbying Congress to pass the $862 billion “stimulus” spending bill, the Obama Administration told representatives, and the American people, that the package would be needed to prevent unemployment from reaching 8%. As this link shows, actual unemployment proceeded to exceed 10%. The Obama Administration now admits unemployment is likely to remain elevated for an extended period…despite the stimulus money. As of the end of January, 2010, the Obama Administration had spent less than half, $334 billion, but had already proposed at least two additional “stimulus” spending packages.
- The jobs have overwhelmingly been concentrated in Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico. The DC jobs are for Washington bureaucrats…not middle class working family jobs that Obama promised for “shovel-ready” projects that would help the economy. Many of the DC jobs are for IRS auditors tasked with getting more money from the People.
Pressing for more stimulus spending programs when the Obama Administration has not even spent half of the first one begs the question, ‘is any of the taxpayer stimulus money — authorized to get Americans jobs — being used to bribe Congresspeople to vote for Obama’s socialized medicine bill?
22. Deem, Pass and Reconciliation
- When asked if he supported a procedure by which he would sign into law a “bill” that was never voted on by the House of Representatives, he stated, “I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or the Senate.”
- Article 1, Section 7 of the United State Constitution
- “Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States…the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively“
- This clause defines the core procedures of congressional representation. It was intended to prevent a system by which government officials could pass a law to the president that they took no accountability for, hence the requirement that each person vote on the law being sent to the president’s desk, and that the name of each person voting on this bill be recorded. No such recording takes place under the “Slaughter rule” procedure for Obama’s health care bill.
- “Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States…the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively“
- Article VI, clause 3 of the United States Constitution
- “The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution“
- Oath of Office for the President of the United States
- “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
This is a work in progress. We invite every American to submit their own Obama Radicalisms, and will endeavor to include every effort as practical. Please do not hesitate to simply write out your concerns as comments to this blog.